Friday, October 22, 2010

Schneller requests inclusion in final debate

Jim Schneller, the Independent conservative candidate in the 7th Congressional District race, requested that the major-party candidates include him in the final debate this election season.


"It is only right that all candidates be present at public debates, and I request that you overcome any reasons that might stand in the way of this," Schneller wrote in a letter to Republican candidate Pat Meehan and Democratic candidate Bryan Lentz. "My candidacy has been formally declared and I have overcome all legal challenges. 

"The citizens of the 7th District and of the Philadelphia metropolitan area need debates that involve all of the candidates and all viewpoints. This is a year when alternate candidates have real chances to win, and the American way thus shine in ways unexpected but always anticipated by our Constitution.

"... Please, I urge you to schedule me as participant immediately. You are welcome to place any of the usual burdens on me necessary to ascertain or ensure features that are typically negotiable. You are aware of my fully acceptable demeanor and my common sense political platform. I demand nothing, or the very minimum, in the way of any procedural tailoring, and can participate within your format. Thus time is not a factor."

The debate will take place at 6 p.m. Monday at Neumann University in Aston.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home